Friday 14 March 2008

Ok. So that worked.

So. What's on the to-do list?

1. Spec out the work Tommy needs to do to get the Twitter API giving me the heads up every time I ought to drink a glass of water. What's the user experience I'm after? Well, I want Twitter to give me the heads up every time I ought to drink a glass of water. So I guess the first question is: how often is that?

Well, according to the British Dietetic Association (via the BBC) - as good a source as any I guess - "the average adult should consume 2.5 litres of water per day. Of this, 1.8 litres - the equivalent of six to seven glasses of water per day - must be obtained directly from beverages. This should be increased during periods of hot weather or during and after periods of physical activity."

So, say I want eight reminders through the course of a typical twenty four hour period. Figure I might as well schedule most of them through the working day. I read recently that regular intake of water improves your concentration, which is part of the reason I want to get mine sorted out. So, say, a reminder every hour from 10.30am to 5.30pm GMT.

(I think we can leave parsing in the local weather conditions and varying the freqency of the reminders until we have proof of concept.)

2. Look into whether we can enable anyone to send through their timezone in order to make their reminders correspond to their working day, or whether we need to set up an account for each time zone.

3. Set up a database table full of links that can be scheduled to accompany your 'Coolerwater Moment'. And figure out how to format the accompanying message. And figure out how to create tinyurls (or similar) automatically, if at all possible. (Dan sleeps, and has an idea.) OR - could we mash in DIGG???

I think this ought to be enough to get proof of concept. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home